Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A "medium-size" boy sleepover

23. Ben's first sleepover- at Nana & Granddad's!

During Micah's surprise visit here last week, she got to have some good quality & quantity time with her 3 close friends from high school. They had a sleepover together- therefore, we got to have a sleepover with 20-month-old Ben! This was his first time to ever spend the night away from both of his parents. I'll admit it- I was a bit worried about the actual putting him to bed, as well as how much sleep we might all get. Oh me of little faith! He did SO well!!! I read his 2 obligatory books (well, I threw in another for good measure- introduced him to "Mrs. Wishy Washy :). Then I sang him the Nana lullaby and the "Love my Ben" song. He snuggled for a minute and then he decided we needed to visit for a little longer. About 20-30 minutes longer! His adorable smile looked as happy as I felt.

Just a few anecdotes:
*When you ask Ben what size he is, he says "medium size." Ask him if he is a cat/dog/bear/etc--- he says "no- person." What is Granddad? "Man." Nana? "Girl."

*Ben looked at our mannequin in the living room window and said "izzit?" I told him that was Mandy. He said "mannequin." (My bad!) I said, "Where do YOU see mannequins?" He stated, "Mall." All righty, then!

*We are all going to the beach soon, so I asked Ben what kind of birds we will see at the beach. He said, "Seagulls." So we played a game of hold-up-the-food-&-let-the-seagull-snatch-it. He thought this was great fun :)

*When I put him in the crib, I wanted him to put his little booty up in the air & let me cover him up. Nope. He had lots of things he needed to tell Pippo & teddy bear & blanket... So I just kissed him, turned the monitor on (didn't want to miss a word) and the light off, and that was it. We all slept all night!

A few pictures---








The Arkansas humidity curled Ben's hair a little more than usual :) And look at his funny little thing he does with his mouth :)

Sure wish the Wiginton family lived closer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for loving my boy and taking good care of him :) Those three cuties up there are lucky to have such a nice girl for a Nana!

    ReplyDelete