Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Experimenting with technology

42. Getting braver with technology

Most obvious of my new technology experiments- the new look of my blog. As with most new things I try in cyber-space, I'm not sure I could recreate the steps I followed to do this, but it was fun to try new looks. Not sure I love this, but maybe I will change it up "ever so periodically," as my sister says.

And I created a Group on Facebook, all by myself! Again, don't ask me how... I wanted a way to communicate with my Taylor family as a group on FB and I started to try to draft some "youngster" to do it, but then decided to try it myself. Yea- it worked!

Everyone in my office got an iPad at the end of last school year, and I am slowly learning how to use it. (Now I really would like to have one of my own- I knew that would happen!) I did manage to read the directions- independently- and activate the new keyboard case we got recently. This week I will be using my iPad with my preschoolers in Speech Therapy. You know they will love it! Just have to keep myself from the distraction of all the time-wasters at my fingertips...

I predict that some day I will feel "convicted" to go a day or 2 or more "unplugged"- that would certainly be a first!

No comments:

Post a Comment