Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fourth Grandson!

43. First 4th Grandson :)

While this is not my "first" grandchild, it is the first time I have had FOUR grandsons! (Again, my game, my rules :)

We drove to Colorado Springs after work on Tues., Sept. 20, hoping to make SURE we didn't miss the birth of this grandbaby (the previous Colorado grandson arrived a month early & we were in the air somewhere near Denver when he made his grand entrance). The plan was for Brian to stay home with 2-yr. old Ben while I got to be in the delivery room when Isaac was born. This plan was suggested by me (surprise), originally nixed by Micah, then embraced by Micah & Daniel (they could be parents while I was photographer), nixed by one doctor, considered by another, and finally (sadly) not allowed by the anesthesiologist (decision made as I was 1 block from the hospital that morning- boo!). Oh, well- there will be several more chances maybe...

Isaac Miller Wiginton was born on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2011, at 7:07 a.m., weighing 8 lbs., 7 ozs., and 20 1/4 inches long. And guess what color his hair is--- red!
100% of my grandchildren are boys, and 75% of them have red hair!!!




Isaac's delivery by C-section was so fast and so perfect. Micah was definitely euphoric for the next 2 days. So many things were so much better and easier with a full-term baby as opposed to a 35-weeker. They were all ready to come home 2 days later, when things changed a bit. Micah's hemoglobin count was dangerously low (5.8, when normal is 12-16) and she ended up having an emergency surgery Saturday morning. The doctor told Daniel it would take about 20 minutes. An hour and a half later !!! he came back in and said he had fixed everything (just 2 small bleeds) and that Micah was doing well. That hour & a half was torture for us, as my sister & my mother can attest from my not-so-calm phone calls to them. But all is well and we are SO thankful that Micah & Isaac are strong and healthy.

Here is my relieved and happy Nana face:

No comments:

Post a Comment