Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Freshman at 55

Don't worry- I am NOT entering any institute of higher learning. I'm just testing the waters of the blogging world. On the auspicious occasion of my 55th birthday, I had great and mighty plans. I was going to check "ride on a Segway" off my bucket list, as well as "go to a tanning booth." Sadly, the Segway rental store in Little Rock is no longer in business, and the Sculpted Tans (to which I have a paid-for Groupon in hand) will not answer the phone. I'm not giving up on either adventure, though!

So, Plan B, I decided to start a blog. My goal is to have 55 firsts in my life this year. Shouldn't be too difficult, since I have led a very sheltered life. I've always been cheap and a chicken! In my advanced age... I have a few more pennies in my pocket and I'm getting a little more adventurous.

Let me know if you have suggestions for fun activities I should try.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blog World! Only 54 more "1st"s to do now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawne... What a totally cool thing to do... I will be 55 on Friday... maybe I should join you, although I can't think of ten things to do, much less 55!! I will have to give this some thought. haha And like you, I have always been "overly cautious". I commend you for starting this blog. I have looked into it about 10 timea and I just haven't had the patience to figure it out. Maybe one day I will!!! I will keep checking in and if I do anything new and different, I will let you know!!

    ReplyDelete