Sunday, August 21, 2011

Frank Lloyd Wright house

38. Visit a Frank Lloyd Wright creation.

This is on my real-live, written-down list of things I want to do. And I've wanted to experience this for a long time, well before I even heard the term "bucket list." My Dad was an architect and instilled in me a love for well-designed buildings. I think my Dad even studied under Fay Jones, the architect of Thorncrown Chapel and the chapel at Garvan Gardens, and a student of F.L. Wright. (I'm not researching these facts as I go, so my disclaimer is that these are the facts as I have them in my head. Hopefully they are not part of a fantasy I have invented...) I even own a DVD set about the life of F.L. Wright- found out a little TMI about him, but still greatly admire his work. :)
On this last trip back home from Colorado, I made Brian take a 10-15 minute detour at Kansas City to see the home pictured below. It is now a museum, and only open by appointment, so all I could do was walk around it and take pictures, but that is closer than I've ever gotten before! (We did drive by a FLW-designed residence in Frankfort KY when Micah lived there, which pacified me for a few years.) Hopefully before my next birthday I will actually set foot in a FLW building. I have plans brewing in my head for one in Tulsa...






No comments:

Post a Comment