Sunday, August 7, 2011

Some second/firsts & grandson's heartbeat

We made a trip to Colorado last week to help keep Micah & Ben company while daddy Daniel was in Kentucky working on his doctorate studies. While there, I got to ENJOY a mother/daughter pedicure (updating first #15) and branched out big time with my polish color (updating first #28). Even Ben commented on my bright toenails :)

36. An OB appointment with Micah

As blessings would have it, Micah had an OB appointment on Monday while we were there. So I got to go with her and hear baby Isaac's heartbeat. Brian went to an appointment with her when she was pregnant with Ben (she had a LONG list of Daddy-Do chores and I couldn't take off work), so I was not about to be outdone! :) It was so wonderful to, first of all, see my daughter so far along in her pregnancy, and then to have the special treat of hearing my "baby"'s baby's heartbeat. I truly did consider it a real-live blessing! And I'm one of those women who love to feel babies in tummies kicking & wiggling- and Isaac really puts on a show. The few times Micah sits down... she seems to immediately put her hand on her little boy baby and loves to enjoy his antics. She is a wonderful mother! Love getting to watch her in action.

While we were there, Micah had all 3 of us painting her playroom. Now that was quite a sight to watch! I'm not gonna count this in my official "firsts"- though it definitely was one- but I was the most able person on the crew this time. Picture Micah 7 months pregnant and Brian with his right arm in a sling from his rotator cuff surgery. That left me to get up in a chair and paint along the ceiling line. (I'm so "handy" I can't even think what that action is called...) Brian did paint with his left hand with a roller and Micah painted close to the base boards. And we got 'er done! Looked just fine.

And now, just for fun, here's a picture of cutie Ben wearing Granddad's sling (sorry about the almost closed eyes- he's a moving target):



And Granddad in his lovely sling with Jude & Cale:





Snuggling takes a little planning & maneuvering, but it CAN be done!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's called cutting in ;)

    Glad you got to have a great visit! Just a few more weeks to go now!

    I remember my mom tagging along on some of my OB appointments. I also remember Micah and Gloria were there with me when we had the ultrasound and learned I was having twin girls! What color is the playroom now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should count your painting experience as #37. Your contribution even included using hedge trimmers in my window well! That has to count for something!

    AND I think you should add #38: Didn't kill my daughter, despite the fact that her pregnancy hormones have elevated her Type A personality to unmanageable heights.

    ReplyDelete