Monday, January 9, 2012

Pay it forward, behind you :)

52. RAOK- pay for the car behind you at McDonald's

I've felt kinda bad that most of my firsts have been just for selfish fun. Really, I do occasionally do the good deed, but if I blog about it, I'll lose a star in my crown, right? :) However, this one is considered blog-worthy 'cause it's easy to do and you should try it, too!

My preschool speech therapy children were a bit trying today- I swear you can tell the phase of the moon by walking in a preschool class! So, I decided to do a Random Act of Kindness to redeem the morning. Drove through McD's for lunch, praying that God would put someone in line behind me that could use a treat. A woman drove up behind me (with a handicapped mirror-tag even!). I asked the money-taker how much her ticket was- a whopping $5.07! Haha :) So I paid it and watched in my rear-view mirror as the cashier handed the customer the paid ticket. The sweet lady in the car then honked at me (in a friendly, appreciative way) and waved. Hope that was a treat that she really needed at that moment. Bet she repays the favor some day.

Side-note:
-For some weird reason, I felt nervous about doing this! Bet it'll be easier next time. And probably cost more, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment