Friday, February 11, 2011

Cooking and Sledding

First #7- New experience in cooking.
I tried a new recipe last week, one that you've probably seen in many magazines in recent months (well, it could've been from a 2009 magazine- I've been catching up on my magazine reading lately...). It was for Southwest White Chicken Chili. It called for 2 ingredients I have never used, purchased, or even looked for on a Tuesday at Kroger! Cumin and cannellini (white kidney) beans. I borrowed cumin from my more culinary DIL, and we loved the new recipe.

#8- Sledding.
Of course, I have been on a sled before in my life, but this is my game, so I can make up the rules. This was my first sledding in probably 20+ years. During the "Blizzard of 2011" this week, I plopped down on a sled before I could lose my nerve and asked Ted for a shove. "Not over the ramp," I said, "just beside it." I know he heard me, and he claims he intended to honor my request, but something came over him and he pushed me toward the ramp. I cleared the 1st hump and landed on the 2nd one. Luckily, (for Ted as well as me) it was powdery snow and no injuries occurred. Take 2: a good shove down the path beside the ramp, and I went down our yard, across the street, and down the neighbor's steep yard. Lots of squealing took place, but I actually did enjoy it!

This is fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment