Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Senior Savings

You know, many people have a difficult, depressing time turning 30. And society gives you nothing to show for it. Similar situation when you turn 40. But here's something to look forward to- when you turn 55 you get some automatic discounts! Tonight we took advantage of 2 of these---

First #5- Tonight we went to Dixie Cafe to take advantage of a special they have this month. Then, when we looked at the menu- surprise! Tuesday is Senior Discount Night! Brian & I each got a dollar off our meal :) (True to form, however, Brian sees saving money at a restaurant as a mandate to get an extra appetizer or dessert- tonight the cobbler was calling him...)

And #6- This one we did on purpose. Tuesday is also Senior Discount Day at Kroger. I'm told that you can walk in there during the day and notice that by the clientele. Since we are "young seniors" though, we went after dark :) I went to Customer Service to have my discount info loaded onto my card. Apparently, the computer immediately assesses your perceived needs- when I checked out & got my automatic coupons, for the first time ever I had one for Poise Light Bladder Control Pads! Really??? I guess I have lots of things to look forward to...

Hooray for maturity!!! I'll be looking for all my friends next Tuesday~

1 comment:

  1. You really got coupons for Poise Pads? Yikes! I hope purchasing them doesn't make it on your 55 Firsts list ;)

    ReplyDelete