Thursday, February 24, 2011

Technological Communication

I've had 2 new firsts involving long-distance communication:

#9- This actually happened on my birthday, but I have been awaiting the "all clear" to share this wonderful, exciting news! I took a "mental health" day on my birthday and skyped with Micah at some point during the day (she is our #2 child & lives in Colorado Springs, for any of my multitude of readers that might not know that). After several minutes of general conversation, she said "Do you want to see the cute shirt I got for Ben at the Carter's Outlet?" She often shows us his cute clothes, as well as his cute-ness, so I was not suspicious. She held him up & his shirt said "Big Brother"!!! Yea, yea, yea!!! The other fun tidbit is that on my birthday 2 years ago, she mailed me a cute little onesie that said "I Love Nana" as an announcement of Ben's existence. Can't think of a better present! Baby Wiginton #2 is due in late September, just after Big Brother Ben turns 2.
(For the record, I am showing great restraint in not reporting on the brilliance that is Ben. He is the biggest-talking little 18-month old I've ever seen! I'll just tell you this: he actually uses words like "hydrant, stretch, octagon, tornado, plenty, ...")

#10- Brian has been on a mission trip to Haiti this month. He & a team of 12 went for a week and built 8 "houses" (12x12 little one-room houses with a 6-ft. front porch). They had a really good trip and Brian is chomping at the bit to go back as soon as possible. The communication "first" is that he called me several times from Haiti. I'm still amazed that communication from that far away sounds like you are next door. I'm very thankful for getting to keep in touch in such a situation.

Grateful, too, for the e-communication that is the blog :)

1 comment: