Thursday, March 10, 2011

Credit-less Dining & In-Law Treat

13. Pay cash for all eating out for one month.

Guess which month I decided to try this??? Yep, that short month! For the entire 28 days, I paid cash every time we ate out, as well as several shopping trips. This included our Colorado trip dining ('cept for that one time Brian cheated when I wasn't looking- that doesn't count, though, 'cause I didn't fully inform him of the rules). Our credit card balances had gotten a little steep for my comfort & this credit-diet was very helpful. I now have even more respect for those of you that live by the Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace" philosophies.


14. In-laws to Colorado

All of the immediate family has made the trip to Colorado to see Micah, Daniel, & Ben, except Brian's parents. Sybil & Charles are in their early 80's but are very young at heart and pretty doggone spry. They traveled VERY well on our surprise visit for Micah's birthday. They were a little reluctant to agree to the trip. I think they were afraid they would slow us down in the drive. We pretty much just get in the car & GO until we need gas. The "old folks" never requested an extra stop. Now, I think they were very happy when we DID stop. The trip was very well worth it for all of us. (And I consider this a "pay it forward" situation- my kids now are required to take me, 15 hours if necessary, to see my great-grandchildren.)

No comments:

Post a Comment