Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break- Part 1

We love you, Spri-ing Break, oh, yes, we do-ooo!

Sleep til 8:30- check; read magazines on the deck- check; tackle the "to do" list- not yet...

Yesterday, my DIL and I made some cards for an event she has this weekend. I was very flattered that she likes my cards enough to suggest this! We felt very creative and completed 4 sets of 3 cards each. Took us about 3 hours. After Mindy left, I made 5 more cards for a friend. Took me about 10-15 minutes. Haha- just teasin' you, Mindy! The creativity part is what takes time- I just copied one of our simpler designs 5 times.
Here are some of the cards we made:









PS In a blatant act of begging for blog-affirmation--- I will give a set of 4 DC original cards to the first person who asks ON the blog.

I did accomplish 2 things on my task list: add pictures to blog :) and fix my picture problem on my phone. Months ago, I sync'd and updated my iPhone and inadvertently added ALL my photos from my hard drive to my phone- 8669 of them, to be very exact! Finally, yesterday I loaded iTunes on my laptop (didn't know you could do that on a 2nd computer...) and somehow figured out how to delete those photos. I'd offer a tutorial, but I'm not exactly sure I know what I did or could duplicate my efforts. But it worked- hallelujah! Now I can take pictures with my phone again.

15. First pedicure!
This morning, my friend, Tommie, and I went to Nice Nails & Toes (love the name :) and I had my first ever pedicure. It was great fun- the pedicure AND the conversation! I love the massage chair and the pampering of the feet (except for that one little part with the scrub brush that tickles really bad). I was not very brave in my choice of nail color- have to do better next time.

Heading to Nashville in a few days, with some plans for more firsts...

2 comments:

  1. i am asking...precious cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss!!! OK, I can sleep now, feeling blog-loved :) (I'm assuming this is Beth Weatherford, right???)

    ReplyDelete