Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recording Music

12. Success with digital interface & Audacity!

Two and a half years ago, I went to a music store & requested an EASY method of recording piano/keyboard music and then burning it to a CD. I've made many cassette tapes over the years for practicing choir music, or for other music practicing purposes, and even a lullaby tape of long-distance Nana songs for baby Ben. Making the switch to CD recording should be simple, right? And Mr. Music Store Man said it was. We bought a digital interface, downloaded the Audacity program, and Brian tried to figure it out. No luck! (That was about the same time that we bought a new computer that had that wonderful Vista program. It didn't recognize or like the interface.)
A few months ago, we bought a new laptop & had a private lesson from a music techno geek friend and we could ALMOST reach our goal. Many hours of experimenting later... I am now able to play a song on my keyboard, save it as a .wav, and then burn it to a CD that plays on most any CD player! All by myself! Almost every time I try it! (One of my 1st projects was a practice CD for Teachers' Pet Preschool's "Peter Rabbit" program- if I had to play "Down By the Bay" one more time...)
If you need a keyboard CD, I might be your man.

As you can tell, it takes me quite some time to "bond" with new gadgets. I received Photoshop as a Christmas gift- in 2009- and learning to use it is on my short list of Firsts this year. It is now loaded onto my laptop- a good start, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment