Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break- Part Tres

First of all, a clarification of the 55 "firsts"- these are not necessarily all meant to be "bucket list" items. Some are just "hmmm, that might be fun" or "I've never tried that before," etc. But this one is a bucket list adventure for me, one of the original 55th birthday wishes:

17. Ride a Segway!

I did it! And it was so fun! On Tuesday, I googled "Segway rentals in Nashville" and found one location. I clicked on the "Contact Us" button and sent an email explaining that riding a Segway was on my bucket list, I would be in town Thursday thru Saturday, and did they allow the general public to test drive the machine. Didn't really expect to hear from anyone, but late Wednesday I got a reply from "Jim" telling me that if I could visit the store around 2-ish on Friday, "we can check that off your list." Only problem was, we had our super-tourist-tour planned then. Long story short, we ended up going from The Pancake Pantry to the Segway Store. Jim met us at the door and said, "Are these my Bucket List ladies?" He was a little cutie (looked like David Runsick, for those of you who know him :) and he gave us a little tutorial, then led me around the little showroom area. We went in a circle around the room a few times, including the simulated bumpy road and ramp. Then I solo'd! Very slowly. But it was as much fun as I expected it to be. Only 1 of my fellow travelers was brave enough to try it, but I so appreciate them all indulging my strange request. I'm trying to post some video proof of my adventure, though you will have to turn your head sideways to look at it. Can anyone tell me how to rotate a video???

2 comments: