Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grandson Scrapbooks

29. Start scrapbook for each grandson.

Months ago, I bought scrapbooks for all 3 of my grandsons, with the intention of making a personal book about each boy that they would enjoy looking at and that Nana & Granddad would also enjoy. I have been just sticking baby shower invitations, birth announcement clippings, pictures, etc. in the Hobby Lobby sack with the 3 binders and postponing the actual starting of the books. This week I decided to "git 'er done!" Yesterday I laid out all my memorabilia- seems I have considerably more for one little boy than for the other 2... Need to work on that!

To picture this project, you must hark back to the olden days, when we kept our report cards, Valentine cards from boys, class pictures, notes from boys, etc. in a scrapbook. This is my model- sadly, a far cry from the beautifully embellished books that are works of art these days. Didn't want to set the bar too high, as I plan to do a book for every grandchild, and who knows how many that could be???

Each book begins with a family tree and has a greeting card I found last year with a Birth Verse on it. For example, Jude's birthday is 7/25 and his Birth Verse is Hebrews 7:25- "Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them." Cale's is Romans 8:18- "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." And Ben's is Psalm 9:2- "I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Hopefully, I will continue to add pictures of birthdays and a few holidays, as well as sports, music, school accomplishments and fun events to remember always.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Super Nana! I like those "birthday verses" - neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this idea! and the birthday verses. i have never heard of them. but cool. i think i will google up our birthday verses. your organization skilz impress me.

    ReplyDelete