Saturday, June 25, 2011

My name in lights!!!

First, a quick addendum to the last Kroger post- due to the amount of money I have spent at Kroger lately (or maybe, that Cate & I have spent...), I got this message at the gas pump yesterday---

Save 30 cents a gallon??? YES, PLEASE!!! :)

This trip to the gas pump was a little nerve-wracking. In an attempt to be brave, take chances, step out of my comfort zone, whatever...I practically coasted to the pump, as I let my gas gauge get down to this:

Don't plan to repeat that trick!

31. My name is in lights! And spelled correctly!



I got a surprisingly great kick out of this sight! It is in a lighted glass case outside the Royal Theater in Benton. I am playing keyboard for the musical "Cinderella" there this summer. Except for the 30-mile commute :( I really have fun playing for shows at the Royal. I've met lots of great people who are also very good actors. This show has some exceptionally good voices in the cast. And I enjoy working with Duane. This is the 1st time I've seen him as "Director" and he has a great eye for details, AND good patience with all that a musical involves. Duane played Jesus in the first Community Theater production I ever accompanied, "Cotton Patch Gospel" in 2000. This is my 10th musical to accompany (I know this because, with a nod to an earlier post about "embracing your nerdiness," I keep a scrapbook of the shows I've participated in!)
"Cinderella" promises to be great entertainment, with some scenes that have me laughing out loud at the keyboard at every rehearsal. Consider yourself invited- see poster for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment