Friday, December 9, 2011

Amateur Percussionist

48. Play in the Percussion Pit at church

This is another adventure that has been on my actual written-down list of things I want to do. I begged Park Hill Baptist's percussion master, Marietta Hunt, to let me play something, anything in the percussion pit! She was happy for the help and gave me a few pointers. Primarily, she was very patient with me as I asked:
"Where are we?" "What measure are we on?" "What am I doing???"

I had SO much fun doing this! We had a Christmas Instrumental Concert on Dec. 4 and we percussionists :) played on 3 or 4 songs. I got to play the triangle, crash cymbal (with a mallet), xylophone, and big ole chimes! Video proof:


It is also fun to me that, instead of my children following in my footsteps, I followed in theirs- Ted played in the church orchestra while in high school & college, and Micah played while in high school. In fact, several of the pieces we played had notations of "M" and "W" written in, indicating when Micah & her cousin, Whitney, were to play certain instruments! Love this! And I get to play on the Overture of our adult choir music this coming Sunday night. Ooh, that reminds, I need to get to the church and practice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment