Friday, December 9, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011- Part 2

47. Thanksgiving in Colorado

Brian & I left NLR 2 days before Thanksgiving & arrived at Micah's early Wednesday morning. She had been getting ready for a big T'giving feast at her house, inviting several folks from her church. She made homemade dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, and fancy rolls. Micah & I together made a yummy (& pretty) Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake, fresh off the cover of the Nov. "Southern Living." This was a first for both of us- as labor-intensive as I expected (which is what has scared me off so far), but SO worth it. Guests brought other delicious foods, so we had a true feast!
At the appointed noon-hour, there were 2 couples, a girl Micah's age whose husband is deployed (she is one of those FB friends that you don't really know, but have several mutual friends- so fun to get to know her!), her 1-year old son, plus us family folk there. About 1:30, a single guy arrived; later, another single guy arrived. One was armed with a homemade cheesecake that turned out to not be quite done. After several hours !!! in Micah's oven, we still had to eat it with a spoon :) Tasted good, though. About 3:30, a family of 4 from Kenya dropped by to say hello. Micah & Daniel were VERY great host(esse)s!
Ben, Micah, & I made turkey placecards:


Both my daughter & my daughter-in-law really showed me up this Thanksgiving! They both hosted lots of family/friends in their own home- VERY proud of Micah and Mindy!!

Just a couple of pictures of the youngest redheads, Ben & Isaac---








And a fun Christmas tree picture, as well as the boys (& Mommy) with Santa---




Thank you, God, for so many blessings!!!! I need to always remember to be
"Too blessed to be stressed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment