Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Guess how many more house payments we have???

This first has nothing to do with being brave and trying something new, but it is a biggie, for sure!!!

49. Our house is paid off!

We have lived in this house for 30 years, and today we visited the bank and wired the "pay off" to our mortgage company- hoo-rah!!! The process was considerably more complicated than I expected it to be. Being the financial wizard that I am, I figured I could just call the mortgage company, find out the amount owed, and mail them a check. Apparently, they have to know the exact time you plan to make the pay off (wouldn't want to miss 4 or 5 cents of interest!), and no, no, no, you can't send a personal check. I called dear Bank of America and they faxed me the payoff info, for a mere $30 fee (just to fax it? good grief!). Anyway, I don't know what happens next, but I know I can't wait to have a piece of paper in hand that indicates our little piece of real estate is PIF!!!

Now I plan to funnel these funds to whittle down a couple of credit card balances and car payments. I'd like to be a better and better steward of my finances. Might just take the Dave Ramsey course our church is offering next semester.

I want to wish you a VERY happy, merry, memory-making, fun, calm Christmas! We are looking forward to having all our chickadees home during the holiday. There will be a 36-hour window when all 12 of us will be in North Little Rock, Arkansas, at the same time! Can't wait!!!

1 comment: